Thursday, August 2, 2012

How far does 3 bites of chicken get you?

Well it gets you home and to the crackers. I had cereal for breakfast, instead of my usual monster smoothie, a power bar, and a small salad with 3 pieces of chicken. I had some coffee too, and a lot of water. I had really hoped those 3 pieces of chicken would hold me over through a long run and until dinner at 8 tonight. No way! I came home and ate 2 or 3 servings of crackers, some with cream cheese and home made hot pepper jelly and some with cheddar cheese. That decent sized snack was more than 20 minutes ago and I mostly just feel hungrier. Ugh. I hate when I make bad eating choices through the day.

Breakfast: 8:30, cereal with milk, coffee with sweet-n-low and 1/2 n 1/2
Snack: 11:45, power bar
Lunch: 2:30, lettuce with some broccoli and a few bites of chicken, coffee with weird powdered coffee creamer and sweet-n-low
Snack: 4:00, cheese and crackers

I'm thinking that totals about 1300 calories, maybe a little less. Tonight's smoothie will be peaches, strawberries, protein powder, ricotta cheese, spinach, and milk. Blueberries will likely make an appearance too. 

2 comments:

  1. Well, I ate supper at 4:30 this afternoon with my husband who works night shift. Ran at 6:30 and felt too heavy. But then I was hungry again at 10:00!!! :) What to do, what to do.....

    Shannon
    http://www.irunreadteach.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's tricky! Did you eat anything after you ran? If you had a post-run snack, maybe drinking lots of water would be enough?

    ReplyDelete