Sunday, July 29, 2012

Up, Up, and Away

I had grand ideas of 4 miles the other morning. I mapped it out, had my clothes, and was ready to get lost in a run. The only problem? I had forgotten how lazy spoiled I had gotten with the flat roads of Florida, but was quickly reminded of the hills. The clouds and light rain was a welcome change from the sun and 103 degree heat index, so I pushed as much as I thought possible. I ended up getting 2 miles done, and it took me about 43 minutes. I am still looking forward to trying out my distance at a faster pace this week, and we'll see just how much I can push it.

I fly home tonight, and have stuff to get done either late tonight when I get home or early tomorrow morning. I forgot some items at home that I need, and tomorrow is a deadline so I have stuff that needs to be completed. Not the best way to come home, but I am looking forward to my own bed, the babies (dogs and cat) and Hubs.

3 comments:

  1. good for you for still getting in 2 miles, especially in that weather! Have a safe flight home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad I'm not the only one to do this - head out and then not complete it. Well done for still getting some of your run in - I'm more of a "just give up" type of person.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Meg! It was tough, but I am happy with what I was able to get done. RainStorm - I just think about the fact that I never regret a workout after it's done. I might wish I had been able to go a little faster or a little farther, but ultimately just getting out there and giving it my all is rewarding.

    ReplyDelete