Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Day 2

Yesterday's yoga session was a nice way to start the day, though it will take me a little while to get used to the new routine. I also wish I could merge the different segments together, as they are only actually 20 minutes long.

Today's yoga hasn't happened yet, and Power Pump won't be happening. Last night we saw Counting Crows (my second time seeing them, and they were much less personable and intimate this time, but still a lot of fun!) and I drank too much. The extra drinks would have been one thing, but on our way home we stopped and got Taco Bell. I had a taco and their nachos before bed. The thing is that it wasn't even good. When I think about the food that Hubs cooks and compare it to that food, there is simply no reason to waste money - even if it is something that happens only once or twice a year (we always end up eating fast food at some point when we travel to New England over the holidays). The drinks are taking a toll on my day, which is my own fault. Tonight's yoga will be floor poses and very gentle.

Decisions such as those I made last night usually remind me that those decisions are not worth it the next day. I've been thinking a lot lately about where I want to be and how I would live once I got there. How can I expect to know 'how to live' once I get there if I treat it as something that will just start one day? The trick to the whole thing is that if I live today the way I want to live someday then that makes someday today and today is all we have. Confused? I know I can be convoluted, but I actually think that makes sense!

No comments:

Post a Comment