Saturday, March 10, 2012

Balance

I intended to run yesterday, but didn't get home until 2am so needless to say I didn't run. Yoga this morning was taught by a substitute and was actually Pilates. It was gentle Pilates, which was good because I was really looking forward to yoga. I was really looking forward to the instructor (also a sub, our normal teacher is out sick) who puts out candles, sprays the room with lavender annnnnnd gives a quick neck rub to everyone at the end of class.

I ran this afternoon and started my run with a bit of agave/chocolate goo (Chocolate #9). It seems the best mix is about 2 teaspoons of agave with almost 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder. I was nervous that with such little sleep I wouldn't get a good run in, but it was good. I did 30 minutes, which settled into1 minute of running at 5.5mph and 1 minute of walking at 3.5mph.

We ate out last night, and I gave myself a pass since almost all of the rest of the week was filled with healthy decisions. After last night's dinner (coconut soup, spring rolls, a beer, ice cream) I was committed to making healthy decisions at tonight's dinner, which meant 1/2 biscuit, 1 serving of pork and double serving of beet greens (beets and greens from my garden! yum!).

The running and the food decisions I have made in the last few days have been hard, but felt really good! It was  great examples of honoring balance and treating myself well. I'm too tired to get into this tirade right now, but it was all good. :)

Sleep well everyone and don't forget Daylight Savings Time. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment