Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Can I Handle the Truth?

I can handle the truth when the conversation is wrapped in the love and support of my husband. I can handle the truth when I squirrel away to get lost journaling. I can handle the truth when I talk to my therapist each week. Can I handle the truth being posted on my blog? I realize this is not a heavily trafficked site, but knowing that my colleagues, family, and friends anyone could read my truth is scary. My fear comes from a place of shame and embarrassment, but I believe that sharing it here will temper my fear. I'll leave you with this nugget of truth and inspiration that I came across through my running group. I found it on Mom's Magical Miles blog, where it is accompanied by a great post, 'Workout Wednesday: Too Fat to Fly'!


No comments:

Post a Comment