Monday, August 15, 2011

Morning Smoothie

I did a lot over the weekend! I ran 3 miles, chopped a ton of wisteria in the backyard (think big clippers, chopping back and forth, overhead), Wii Fit and lots of other random around the house projects. I am sore! I should have had a protein packed smoothie yesterday, but am having one now:

1 scoop of vanilla protein powder (I'm using Greenwise's right now - a Publix brand)
1/2 cup of Cabot vanilla Greek yogurt
about 8 or 10 strawberries
about 1 cup cantaloupe
1/2 cup of coconut milk
1 tbsp peanut butter

Nutrition stats: 464 calories, 31.8 grams of protein, 8.3 grams of saturated fat (mainly from the coconut milk), Tons of vitamins A, C and calcium.  It's a bit low on fiber (6.4 grams), and normally I would add extra fiber, but didn't this morning. It's also a bit high on the sugar, which is mostly from the yogurt ( I normally have a lower-sugar version, like plain Greek, but we only had Hubs' left and it is yummy) and the cantaloupe. It's a bit high for the number of calories I like to have in one sitting, but it's all good stuff! I know it will help refuel me for tomorrow's sprint run and Thursday's 11 miles! Wahoo!! I'm getting pretty siked to go that far!

I ended up not trying my 11 miles this weekend, since I realized that this is the distance for this week, not last as I had thought before, and after taking the entire week off from being sick I am easing back into it. My 3 miles were good, though my belly being upset definitely threw me off. It felt good to get that distance in with chunks of time at 4.4mph and 5.0mph!

2 comments:

  1. I love morning smoothies- this sounds like a winning combination! Thanks for sharing your recipe, and for supporting Cabot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We both really like the Greek yogurt flavors! Being from New England Cabot was definitely a staple in our diets before moving to Florida.

    ReplyDelete