Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Monster Month - Day 2

Breakfast: Another smoothie, though less calorically dense this morning.
Lunch: Earlier today since my smoothie was less filling. 2 slices of the frittata and leftover baked sweet potatoes.
Snack A: Cantaloupe with plain yogurt, honey and pecans
Snack B: Again, I was hungry when I got home and had a few slices of dried mango and cheese and crackers.
Dinner: Bean stuff with tortilla chips
Snack: Mini Cliff bar

I have a headache tonight, but that could be all the staring at the computer screen today and when I got home from work. I am still pretty hungry. I am very thirsty.

I couldn't get the daily totals to post without bleeding into the margins, so here are the general stats for the day:


Food Summary
MealCaloriesFatCarbsProtein
Breakfast3937.9g63.6g27.3g
Snack #100.0g0.0g0.0g
Lunch2347.0g19.1g19.8g
Snack #254820.2g72.7g25.0g
Dinner55813.1g81.6g26.8g
Snack #31002.5g17.0g5.0g
Total
Percentage of Calories 1
183350.7g
24%
254g
54%
103.9g
22%

   1  Typical Percentages: Fat 20-35%, Carbohydrates 45-65%, and Protein 10-35%.


I did not run, but will do my 30 minutes tomorrow and Thursday, so that I can rest Friday before doing my distance this weekend. Hubs and I took the Pups for a nice long walk, which was a good way to end the day. Actually, the way my day is really ending is with an email and pictures that my niece (3 years old) helped Dr. In-Law put together for Hubs and me. So sweet, makes me long for her sloppy toddler kisses, hugs and and cuddles.

Speaking of Dr. In-Law, I meant to post her response to my question a while back about the impact of anti-inflammatory drugs on muscle development after a workout. Her thought is that low doses have no impact, while high doses may have minimal impact and, even more interesting, it may even aid in muscle building for the elderly. Good to know! Thanks!

Dr. In-Law will likely add more gems of knowledge and wisdom to the blog over time, and we (her and I) want to be sure that everyone knows she has just entered her residency. The key to residency being her ability to practice medicine, under strict supervision. After years of classroom work and training, it is time to meld the book learning with real world experience, or as she more eloquently termed it, "My head is full of all kinds of idealistic book learning, but vulnerable to glaring errors due to inadequate mental file-sorting". So, there is our disclaimer for Dr. In-Law who also happens to be a wet behind the ears noob. 


  Her insight, humor and thoroughness have meant so much to me over the years, but I'm not sure I've ever really thanked her for her help and support. xo

 Who do you look to for insight and support? Are there people you don't thank enough for their presence in your life?

1 comment:

  1. My husband. Is more supportive than I could ever expect. I forget that when Im doing dishes and cleaning butts.

    ReplyDelete