Friday, July 8, 2011

Wanted: Running Group

My running break is just about over. I think I am feeling better, but the next week of running will really answer it for me. I spent some time tonight looking up running groups in my area. Blogging has been great, and I cherish the solitude of running, but I am ready to incorporate other people into it and find some running buds this side of the interwebs. I've been thinking about this for a while, but I think reading 'Mile Markers: The 26.2 Most Important Reasons Why Women Run' by Karen Armstrong has hit home for me. Turns out she also has a blog on Runner's World, but I only just discovered it as I was finding the Amazon link for her book. The extra kick she gets from running with her running group and her friends is a message that I am hearing loud and clear.

I'm hoping to find some of that extra kick in my run this weekend. I am helping my niece with a yard sale tomorrow so I won't be able to get my run in tomorrow am. My future looks as if it has a nap in it followed by some caffeinated Shot Bloks and then a run.

What books have you read that are centered around running?  

1 comment:

  1. I really love the Runner's Rule Book. And I read bits and pieces of 'run less, run faster'. Hope you find that motivation!!

    ReplyDelete