Friday, May 6, 2011

Still Not Running, BUT

Geesh! You'd think I don't enjoy running the way I have let it fall off the radar these last few weeks, (sheepish head hanging) again.

What have I been doing? I have been unpacking and getting a lot done with the community garden I work with and the other (soon to be officially) nonprofit about community gardens in Northeast Florida. I have also been putting in a lot of emotional work regarding my eating. It's a struggle for me to not eat because I am feeling stressed out. I have been working hard at this recently and it's paying off. I have to be firm with myself, telling myself, 'No! You are not hungry! You will go do _________ instead of eating _________. And, I've been back on track about logging my food. Being mindful. Very important.

I do realize that actually going out and running is a key part to my 1/2 marathon training. I just ate, and it's threatening to rain, but I do have a treadmill so there is no good excuse for me to not get in a short run today and get out there tomorrow for a long run.

How is everyone else coming with their goals? I feel as if the funk we were hitting a few months back has lifted.

Happy Friday!

2 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm so happy to see a new post from you! :)

    And don't feel bad about not getting around to running... I've done it plenty of times, except I was never anywhere near as busy and you have been... I was just lazy! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry, I have had my fair share of going back to bed or deciding I was too tired and just reading a book.

    ReplyDelete